Everyone has their own desires. Desire is our guide to success, though we might face many barriers that try to fail us. Nevertheless, we attempt to stand up and overcome life’s obstacles. “Ones best success comes after their greatest disappointments” (Henry Ward Beeche). Life is imperfect, its lessons require a strong individual to stand up for what they desire.
A world heavyweight boxing championship, Muhammad Ali, is one of many that fight to succeed to maintain his quality of life against Parkinson’s disease that strikes his confidence. Parkinson’s disease is a disorder of the nervous system which causes stiffness around arms, legs or neck and tremors that causes the muscle to shake. After he retired, he was told that Parkinson’s disease had been detected in his body and he knew he was going to die earlier that expected. In 1984, his symptom became worse and his ability to speak was slowly diminished. He had trouble speaking and moving since the rigidity caused by the disease made his muscles to shake. From a strong and confident man, Ali fought to maintain the control of his central nervous system.“But my confidence and will to continue to live life as I choose won’t be compromised.” As a strong man that has been idolized by many, his confidence was not taken down and it continued to live as his is slowly breaking apart. Ali is one of the many that chose to live and fight against his life challenging obstacle because he thinks that nothing in life will defeat him and that he continues to believe that he is the greatest of all.
William Wisseman, another fighter that fought against his disability in language, known as dyslexia, spent time, to step back, so he could move forward and become like everybody else. As a young student, he had a hard time in class. He couldn’t spell his full name correctly, read or write and was moved out of his school in fourth grade. William had to continue fifth grade in a new school that helped him with his language disorder. He spent four years to learn and memorize all the letters to be able to fit in and return to high school. He fought to find new strategies to help him deal with his disability in language and be able express his real intelligence. William thinks that taking a step back makes him move forward, after his success in fighting against dyslexia, in four weeks, he can easily solve the 3x3x3, 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 Rubik’s Cube. He thinks that the Rubik’s cube is a big change in his life, it is a change that lets him encounter his hidden strength. It taught him to accomplish the real meaning of success by accomplishing a step by step strategy that helped him moved forward. William had reached his desire to return to high school and became a strong individual. Like William and everybody else, I have my own desire as a guide to success.
As an ordinary middle school girl, my desire leads me to my goal on finding new experience in drawing. Even though, my drawings are not professional, I find it very proud to watch my drawings because it symbolizes my progress to success. From the age of 7, I start to draw for pleasure. From many people’s expectations, a seven year old girl would draw something like princesses, but I started to draw all the furniture in my house since there was no one available to drive me to attend art classes at academies. Today, I learn new strategies to draw from artists I admire from different places such as online galleries. I experiment with their strategies and apply it to my own drawings. I find drawing very relaxing, and it is the tool I choose to get rid of my stress. Even though, I don’t plan ‘drawing’ to be my future profession, but it helps me be the person that strive to run to the finish line.
Being a strong individual requires the courage to take the risk to stand up and run to the finish line. Pierre Corneille says “ To win without risk is to triumph without glory”. Many people take risk to rely their life on the line because our mistakes are lesson that takes us to success. Everyone in this planet has their own desire, and I believe that they will take any risk to make them a strong individual to reach their desire. Although, we must attempt to run to the finish line, but there will never be an end to success.

No comments:
Post a Comment